HOME ABOUT RECIPES DIY TRAVEL

Let's cook: Lentil salad with goat cheese



Lentils, as most of you surely know, are a vegetarian's best friend. They give you protein, they substitute meat in many dishes and they are damn delicious. For me, I like them best in chilis, soups and Indian food. For summer I needed something more light though, so I tried a lentil salad and I loved it so much that I need to share this with you.

What you'll need:


1 cucumber
1 bunch of scallions
1 red onion
5 small tomatoes or 2 big ones
1 cup of lentils (I prefer brown since they hold their shape pretty well)
1/2 goat cheese (I like goat better than sheep, but feta cheese would work just as well)
juice of 1 lemon
olive oil
salt & pepper
optional:
fresh mint, basil or cilantro


You want to cook the lentils first, seeing as they have to cool down quite a while. During that time chop up all of your vegetables and put them in a large bowl, I like small chunks, so this always takes me a good half an hour. Add olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper and any fresh herbs, mix well and store in the fridge until the lentils are cold.
Just add the lentils, mix again and enjoy!



Kommentare:

  1. hmmmm... so schöne essensbilder! linsensalat habe ich noch nie versucht... wäre mal ne idee :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I love love love lentil salads ! This one looks delish :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. keine kommentare? dabei war ich sicher, was zum salat da oben gesagt zu haben o.O

    wie dem auch sei: wirklich schade, dass es keine guten vegetarischen/veganen burger bei euch gibt... wenn wir diese burger-restaurants testen, nehme ich meistens die vegetarische variante und die schmeckt auch oft genug sehr gut (vielleicht war's auch nur ein schlechter tag beim fräulein, die kritiken, die mich dorthin gezogen hatten, klangen nämlich überzeugend) notfalls musst du dann eben doch dein eigenes restaurant aufmachen :) bedarf scheint es doch zu geben!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Looks good. I might try it. =)

    Bearnerdette

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. This looks so good! I will definitely need to try this recipe. Thanks so much for sharing. I love goats cheese! xx

    AntwortenLöschen

LinkWithin