HOME ABOUT RECIPES DIY TRAVEL

Clean & Pure: all natural deodorant


I switched from regular deodorant to natural deodorant about a year ago and used Lush's Aromaco for quite a while and loved it very much. Unfortunatly two months ago my skin suddenly decided to react to it and I developed a rash. I will try to use it again in the future because it gave me great results and was easy enough to use but for now I want to give my skin a little break from it.

So I tried a couple of different natural cosmetic deodorants but none really worked for me and when I googled 'natural deodorant' I was surprised just how many people made their deodorant themselves.
Challenge accepted.

Yes, that's all.
2 - 3 spoons of coconut oil (I ended up adding more than pictured)
a sprinkle baking soda (you could use baking powder but there's aluminium in some, so check the ingredients!)
1 spoon corn starch
10 drops essential oil of your choice (tea tree e.g.)

Combine the dry ingredients and then add the coconut oil until you have a paste, add the essential oil and you're done.
This will have a creamy consistency at room temperature (but coconut oil melts rather quick so keep it from direct sunligt)
If you prefer a thicker consistency, add shea butter to the mix, it has a higher melting point and will stay longer in a solid shape.
If it does melt, don't despair, give it a good stir and put it in the fridge.

The baking soda might sting a little on freshly shaved skin but if it actually burns and hurts or if you notice any redness, use less baking soda or leave it out completely, as it is very harsh especially on sensitive skin. Also some people are sensitive to corn starch, in that case you could substitute corn starch for arrowroot powder.






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

LinkWithin