HOME ABOUT RECIPES DIY TRAVEL

Clean & Pure: hair spritz


Today I'm starting a new feature here on The Appleberry called Pure & Clean.
For the past year and a half I've been trying to replace more and more store bought products with homemade alternatives. Aside from spending a lot of money on things you might not even need, I was appaled by how many ingredients and chemicals I used on my hair and skin every single day.
We'll start with a handy little thing I use daily.


There's two things you should know about me that will absolutely justify why I need this.
First: I have very long, very thick, very stubborn hair.
Second: I work at an American Diner that serves fries.

For those of you who cannot quite make the connection: after work, I smell like a deep fryer.
Now I wash my hair about 2x a week because it's rather dry and I don't want to overwash.
What I was looking for was something that would make my hair smell fresh and clean but does not make it even more dry than it already is (which most perfumes would, due to the high alcohol content).


Here's what you'll need:
- a spray bottle
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 15-20 drops essential oils of your choice (I love fresh, flowery scents for summer, hence: citronella & jasmin)
-distilled water
-1 big drop shampoo (to dissolve the oils)



In your spray bottle, add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (this is much easier when the oil is warm and liquid), and essential oils. Fill the bottle with distilled water (but leave about 2cm empty) and then add a squeeze of your favourite shampoo. Now shake well.


You could substitute the coconut oil for some other oil of your choice (olive, argan, jojoba) and it would probably be a lot easier to make and use because most of the other oils aren't solid at room temperature like coconut oil is.
I chose coconut oil mainly for its scent, but it's no secret just how amazing this stuff is for you hair and I can deal with the constant shaking. I keep mine next to the window so the sun melts the oil anyway, but for winter, I would try and use something else (jojoba is really neutral in scent or almond oil which has a soft, sweet scent).



I use this all over my hair, but try not to get too much on the roots because it makes them a little greasy when used everyday. To be honest, at first the scent reminded me of Thai curry, then I added a few more drops of Jasmin oil and now it's perfect.

I hope you enjoyed this.

Kommentare:

  1. wow, das schaut ja mal interessant aus...vllt probier ich das auch aus! Setzte den Post auf jeden Fall mal auf meine Lesezeichen-Liste :P

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. lass mich wissen, wenn du mal dazu kommst :)
      liebe Grüße
      Lisa

      Löschen
  2. what a cool idea ! I love coconut oil...

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Klingt interessant!

    Das Breath of God Parfum kenne ich noch nicht. Muss mal dran schnuppern.

    lg

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I love coconut oil! I use it once a month just to let it soak in my wet hair over night. The next morning I wash it and it just smells amazing and feels so soft! :)

    xoxo
    Angi ♥

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I do that too, but about once a week (I have very dry hair). I use it on my skin as well instead of night cream. It's unbelievable how useful that stuff is!

      Lisa :)

      Löschen

LinkWithin