HOME ABOUT RECIPES DIY TRAVEL

Currently


Woah, big absence here. Well as we recall, I have moved back to Germany and I STILL do not have an internet connection at home because apparently the only thing that is more complicated than getting a flat in Germany is getting that flat connected to the mysterious world wide web. However, luckily Starbucks managed to make the impossible happen and they are generous enough to share their internets with me.
So here we are.
What else is new? Not that much to be honest, I have been

cooking: Pumpkin everything! Yeah, you are probably all already sick of hearing about anything pumpkin related seeing as every fall, the entire internet seems to be going insane with orange foods, sweets, decoration etc. But you know what? I didn't have internet. So I escaped the pumpkin craze and was therefore free to enjoy it all by myself without anyone else making me sick of it. So here I am, sipping on my pumpkin spice latte (because Germany finally realized it's heaven sent) and show you a picture of the beautiful pumpkin-ginger-soup I made the other week. Here it is:

yes. those are cinnamon croutons on top, if you were wondering.

reading: every thriller I could lay my hands on. Whenever it starts to get colder and more rainy, my mind goes to dark places and I find myself craving some nice, criminalistic literature. So what I have been reading is all 4 Simon Beckett books about that one guy, you know, Whatshisname. Followed by the third book by Ben Aaronovitch in his Rivers of London series. If you haven't heard of these books or have heard of them and still decided not to read them at once (in this case I am judging you taste in books really hard), go now and buy them all. You will not regret it. That man is funny.
If you like London, magic and interesting, thrilling books, you are in for a treat.
This is what Wikipedia has to say about it:

 "The novel centers around the adventures of Peter Grant, a young officer in the Metropolitan Police; who, following an unexpected encounter with a ghost, is recruited into the small branch of the Met that deals with magic and the supernatural.
Peter Grant, having become the first English apprentice wizard in fifty years, must immediately deal with two different but ultimately inter-related cases. In one he must find what is possessing ordinary people and turning them into vicious killers, and in the second he must broker a peace between the two warring gods of the River Thames."





Ben Aaronovitch has written several Doctor Who episodes and I personally think he is a genius. Aside from the obvious, the books also give you a lot of information on London's history and architecture. Long story short: I recommend these books to everyone.


looking forward to: university is finally starting in two weeks. I have been trying to find a job and worked here in there, later today I have another job interview but basically all of my days have been filled with teaching myself how to sew (more on that in a seperate post) and cooking the most ridiculously time-consuming stuff so I have something to do. The new city really is not a nice place and there is no nature anywhere to be found so there goes runing and taking walks. But for the first time ever I am excited for university to start and about learning all these things I will actually need in my life. For those interested I am going to study "Special Needs Education". After 3 years of travelling and working this might actually be fun.

missing: Switzerland.
I know. Who would have thought. Let's be honest here, I hated it the first month, everything about it. The constant snow, that shitty job at the gym I had before I started my internship, the language (they want you to believe it's just a dialect of German, but it is not.) everything. But then I fell in love with Switzerland like Elizabeth fell in love with Mr. Darcy. I think Switzerland and me is the Pride & Prejudice of our time. I was proud and prejudiced and Switzerland was amazing all along. Totally mea culpa!
Today I wrote an email to a friend, comparing Switzerland to Middle Earth, and it's not an exaggeration, believe me. Look at that bridge for example and how the sun is just so excited to shine on such a beautiful thing:


I am so going back there!

Ah this was fun. I missed blogging a lot, but I fell into this big black hole of "okay, let's sew" and spend hours sitting in front of a sewing machine so I didn't even look at my laptop for weeks. But now I am back for good and I hope you are still with me my friends!



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

LinkWithin