HOME ABOUT RECIPES DIY TRAVEL

You learn.

"You live you learn, you love you learn
You cry you learn, you lose you learn
You bleed you learn, you scream you learn"


Sometimes I fail to realize the importance of what is happening until I look back at it. These past six months were definitely filled with learning, growing and defining goals, though most of the time while it was happening it felt like working, relaxing and enjoying life.
The part I love most about being "grown-up" is that learning isn't about books, homework and forced recitations of data anymore, it transitioned to something we do unconsciously, something that happens by itself and all we have to do is reflect and accept it for another lesson learned.

This internship was a special time for learning. I accepted and mastered challenges that were uncomfortable or scary in the beginning. I met people who made my life more joyful, who had me think and reconsider, tested my patience and taught me that once in a while it is good to be angry.

Today was my last day at work. There was coffee & cake in the garden, soap-bubbles and a very happy dog, Swiss music, sunshine and laughing, it was a picture-perfect day of what my internship was like at its best.
It was a celebration of the wonderful time we have spent together and a beautiful memory to take with me. So on top of everything else, I might even have learned how to say goodbye.


Kommentare:

  1. This post comes at such a good time for me, I'm about to start my 14 week internship and I'm really, really nervous. I guess I just have to keep going and there'll be great memories to look back on after wards I hope!
    That really sounds like a perfect day indeed by the way :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Starting something new is always so exciting! I really hope you will feel the same way looking back in 14 weeks :) In my opinion, being nervous is always a good sign because it means you are doing something you are not comfortable with and challenge yourself to do something new!

      Löschen

LinkWithin