HOME ABOUT RECIPES DIY TRAVEL

Someday I'll fly away

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere."

Love Actually


There is something about airports that makes me happy.
Actually it's quite obvious, the happiest times of my life were spent travelling. Airports are always the starting point of those travels. So airports remind me that if it all gets too much, I could always take next best plane.

Of course it isn't quite as easy seeing as I would have to get holidays at work, save enough money etc. Sometimes the wanderlust gets so unbearable I look up flights on the internet and start counting my money. Could I? Should I?




Yesterday was one of those days when all I wanted to do is hop on a plane and escape to anywhere at all. Knewing it wasn't possible M and me decided to do the second best thing by going to an airport and explore. Because there is actually much to see even if you don't take a plane.

We watched planes land and take off, wishing people we never met a pleasant journey and dream about where we would go, if we could go anywhere.
If travelling India has taught me one thing is that nothing is impossible, dreams can come true if you work for them, and sometimes all you have to do is buy a plane ticket and stop worrying. 
This is my mantra for when I have a bad day: Happiness is always just a 12-hour flight away.




Life is crazy right now, nothing is stable and certain, I will start school again this fall, we will move to another city, back to Germany and who knows how we will pay for all of that.
New routines, new people to meet, new goals to achieve.
There is too much unfinished business in my life that would keep me from enjoying myself, so travelling will have to wait.
But no matter where we will end up living, I know there will be an airport somewhere close by. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

LinkWithin