HOME ABOUT RECIPES DIY TRAVEL

Let's cook:stuffed tomatoes with quinoa feta cheese filling



Quinoa is everywhere lately, personally I can't say I am that big of a fan, it doesn't have a recognizable taste like lentils or rice or even couscous. Don't get me wrong , it worked perfectly in this dish, but more because of the taste of tomato & feta. My mom bought me two packets though so now I'm finding ways to use it.

For the stuffed tomatoes I first cut off the top of the tomatoes and used a spoon to get all the slimey stuff out (safe that!). In a pan I fried the cooked quinoa with the tomato-insides, half an onion, one clove of garlic and some italian herbs for about 5 minutes. Take off the heat and add crumbs of feta cheese and some cherry tomatoes. Then fill the tomatoes, place them in a dish, sprinkle with a bit of olive oil and bake for about 15-20 minutes.

It really isn't that elaborate or difficult to make, but it makes for a fancy side dish. We decided it would even suffice as main dish and had just some salad with these.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

LinkWithin