HOME ABOUT RECIPES DIY TRAVEL

where you invest your love, you invest your life

Lately, since I've been missing my friends a lot, I've been thinking about how much love I have in my heart for all these beautiful people I call friends. They travel the world and chase their dreams, they dare to be themselves, they are creative, intelligent, inspiring folks and although right now I am far away from pretty much all of them, I feel so blessed.
It's funny how people become flawless to me when I care for them, inside and out. 

Friendship never came easy to me. As a child I was very introvert and as I had no siblings, talking to other children was really hard for me, so I usually didn't.
When I left elemantary school and started gymnasium I became a loner. No one liked me and eventually the bullying got so bad, I had to transfer to another school.
I wasn't running away, I just wasn't taking their shit anymore.
After that things went way better, I was at a very artsy, open-minded school, I started to be more outgoing, I dyed my hair every color of the rainbow and went through some really extreme phases.

But most of all, I found friends.
For the first time I was accepted and loved and felt I could trust the people around me. But I have never taken any friendship for granted.
I know I am a human being. I have flaws, I have moods and sometimes I am sure it is hard and frustrating to be my friend. That is why I am so immensely grateful that certain people stick around and love me, even when I am at my worst. Talk sense into me, listen to the same old shit over and over again.
I have friends who held my hand at my father's funeral.
This is as good as it gets, no one could wish for more.

I decided the best thing I can do with my time abroad is working to be the best version of myself so I can be the friend they deserve.
Every single one of them inspires me to be a better person, I really hope they know that.

1 Kommentar:

  1. A huge hug sweetie....miss you so much....love form Italy and form the bunnies .... Barbara

    AntwortenLöschen

LinkWithin