HOME ABOUT RECIPES DIY TRAVEL

Girl meets bike

If I had to chose one form of transportation to use for the rest of my life, I'd take the bicycle.
I discovered cities in Italy and India by bike, rode a bike through rice fields in Cambodia and went everywhere by bike in my home city. I love all about it. It's not too fast, so you won't miss any details but it's fast enough to not use "that's too far away" as an excuse.
You can park it almost everywhere, you can be spontaneous.

Unfortunately I have been very unlucky with owning bicycles in the past.
So I had this awesome bicycle my Dad left me, embarrassingly expensive, super fancy and it even had my Dad's name on it. Then it was stolen.
After an appropriate grieving time of about a week I went to get myself a new one. Second-hand, 45€ and the most beautiful mint color you could imagine. Oh how I loved it. Until it was stolen. About 3 weeks after I got it.
So whatever, after that I got the cheapest, shabbiest bike I could find for 20€ at the fleamarket.
I was sure no one would even attempt stealing something like this. Why would they?
I was wrong.
Bye bye bike number three.

So within only 6 months 3 bikes were stolen from me (and I swore revenge!) and for the past 8 months I was bike-less. Too frustrated (and broke) to buy a new one just to have it taken away from me again.

Until today.
When destiny spoke to me.



I was walking to the supermarket when I spotted a poor bicycle who fell into the river next to my house! Oh poor thing, I couldn't leave it in there, so ignoring the freezing water and the possibility of risking my health for a broken bike, I went into the river (and had a nice guy with his dog help me) and rescued The bike.

Now we shall be happy ever after.


1 Kommentar:

  1. Das ist ja wohl eine so coole Geschichte - und das Fahrrad erst!:) Ich wünschte, ich hätte mal so ein schönes, und dann auch noch gefunden. Das war bestimmt Schicksal und die Wiedergutmachung für die letzten drei Fahrräder!
    Liebste Grüße und einen schönen Sonntag dir
    Julia

    AntwortenLöschen

LinkWithin