HOME ABOUT RECIPES DIY TRAVEL

diy: Tote bag (the easy way)



I am one of those people who love quotes and collect them in little notebooks, write them down on post-its or save them on their phone. But then I usually forget about them. So when I stumble upon a quote I highlighted while re-reading a book or flipping through an old planner, I always feel a little sad that I don't have a way to carry that quote with me. Well now I do. Literally.


First I decided on the fonts and sizing, looked them up on dafont.com  (or just write your quote in word if you already have the font downloaded) and traced them on a regular sheet right off my laptop screen.


Just the typing looked a bit boring so I found a picture of an anchor and used the same technique. Afterwards I re-traced everything with a black pencil.
The pencil I used on the actual bag is a textile marker, it's a bit more expensive than regular waterproof marker but if you don't want your lines to bleed, I suggest you invest in one.
Now, seeing as the tote bag I used is more on the thin side I could just put the sheet inside and trace the lines. If your tote's fabric is thicker, I suggest taping first the sheet, than the fabric to a well-lit window to create a lightbox effect.


This was very easy to do, took me a little more than 30 minutes and I love the result, I'm already thinking about which quote to do next!
Take care!
Lisa

1 Kommentar:

  1. Oh wie toll!! Noch jemand der easy DIY's toll findet und die Schrift vom Bildschirm abmalt!! :) Eine super Idee und die Tote bag ist auch toll geworden!!!

    Tanti saluti,
    Julia

    AntwortenLöschen

LinkWithin